Back in May I installed my Tennamast and dual band EA270ZB13 2m / 70cm Yagi made by EAntenna. The antenna is 5 elements on 2m (10.8 dBi) and 8 elements on 70cm (11 dBi).
With the mast at full height, my antenna is 171ft ASL. Tonight I took part in my first ever UKAC 70cm SSB contest.
On 19th January 2017, I started the process of making a circuit board for my 23cm amplifier project. I was extremely pleased with the results so thought I would write an article and make a video that shows how I did it.
Between 29th June and 1st July 2018 the ISS (International Space Station) transmitted a series of images ….
Today (30th June 2018) I headed over to a spot on the A617 (53.130043, -1.129755 / IO93KD) and operated HF portable …
In March 2018 I designed and built a multi-sensor, real-time temperature monitoring and logging system using Arduino.
This article shows how I have made a mains filter that is extremely effective in reducing and in some cases eliminating completely EMC from the electricity supplying my shack.
For the last three years I have had a 25ft 50mm alloy pole protruding from the top of my garage whose purpose is solely to support the end of my HyEndFed 5 band wire antenna. I’ve finally got round to camouflaging it for stealth / covert operation using camouflage fabric tape.
Updated: 4th March 2017
In February 2018 I purchased a second hand Tennamast 10m tilt over Adapt-A-Mast complete with rotator cage, CDE Ham II rotator and CDE rotator controller.
Although I saw the rotator working I decided to check over the internals of the rotator, give it a bit of a service, refurbish the exterior and clean up the connection points.
Updated: 4th March 2018
Rawlplug is my new best friend! I will be using this to secure threaded studs in brickwork as part of my Tennamast installation.
In April 2017 I constructed a masthead pre-amplifier unit for 23cm ATV (Amateur Television) using a G8FEK low noise amplifier (LNA), two Tohtsu CX-520D coaxial relays and a homebrew PCB.