In February 2020 my 1.5 metre prime satellite dish was destroyed by strong winds from storm Dennis. The dish was ripped from it’s mount overnight and I found it at the end of my garden bent and dented. Beyond repair I had no choice but to scrap it.
After a few weeks of searching I purchased a secondhand 1.5 metre x 1.7 metre offset dish.
This blog post contains pictures of the dish as it arrived. Soon I will be making modifications as part of my QO-100 Es’hail-2 project.
Click the continue button to see more.
For the last three years I have had a 25ft 50mm alloy pole protruding from the top of my garage whose purpose is solely to support the end of my HyEndFed 5 band wire antenna. I’ve finally got round to camouflaging it for stealth / covert operation using camouflage fabric tape.
Updated: 4th March 2017
In February 2018 I purchased a second hand Tennamast 10m tilt over Adapt-A-Mast complete with rotator cage, CDE Ham II rotator and CDE rotator controller.
Although I saw the rotator working I decided to check over the internals of the rotator, give it a bit of a service, refurbish the exterior and clean up the connection points.
Updated: 4th March 2018
Rawlplug is my new best friend! I will be using this to secure threaded studs in brickwork as part of my Tennamast installation.